Katy Perry performs on ‘Today’: is she cut out for live performances?

wenn5532115

Don’t kill me, Katy Perry fans, but I don’t think Katy is a live act. She’s fine – nay, harmless – when she’s on the radio, on some recorded and autotuned song. But get her in front of a live audience, and you see just how weak her voice is. I noticed it when I saw her perform on some MTV awards show last year, and I noticed it again this morning, when she performed onToday. Granted, she sang that horrible, annoying “California Gurls” song which I totally hate, but the song sounds even worse live:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Now, I will give Katy some credit: she has a lot of confidence performing in front a live audience, and she knows how to make a spectacle. And she looks cute in her outfit – her figure is lovely. But my God, the screeching. YIKES. Of course, you are free to disagree – Katy seems to have gotten half-decent reviews for her Today performance. But I’m still holding at“yikes.”

27 August 2010 - New York, NY - Katy Perry. Katy Perry performs live on NBC's TODAY Show live from Rockefeller Center. Photo Credit: Paul Zimmerman/AdMedia

27 August 2010 - New York, NY - Katy Perry. Katy Perry performs live on NBC's TODAY Show live from Rockefeller Center. Photo Credit: Paul Zimmerman/AdMedia

NEW YORK - AUGUST 27: Singer Katy Perry performs on NBC's 'Today' in Rockefeller Center on August 27, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images)

Share/Bookmark

0 评论:

Related Posts with Thumbnails