Lady Gaga: “People who say they need drugs to be creative are full of sh-t”

Lady Gaga: “People who say they need drugs to be creative are full of sh t”

I really wish Lady Gaga would stop talking about drugs. I just get the feeling that she’s trying to sound a lot more hardcore than she really is. Like she’s trying to sound like she was some horrible cokehead, when really she was just a party girl with too much time. But at some point during her metamorphosis into “Lady Gaga” she began selling this story of a cokehead’s downward spiral and the subsequent redemption, all for her family and her music and her monsters. It’s a chrysalis story that Gaga has sold in interview after interview, probably because she doesn’t have a lot of new crap to say. She talked about it Vanity Fair. She talked about in Rolling Stone. And now she’s talking about drugs AGAIN in another new interview withQ Magazine (via Contact Music). We get it, Gaga. You used to do drugs. Now finish your new f-cking album.

Lady Gaga says her experiences with drugs helped inspire her music. The ‘Poker Face’ singer began using illegal substances after she dropped out of a music course at New York University in 2005, and she insists getting high helped her creativity.

The 24-year-old pop star said: “Using drugs I really figured out the art I wanted to make and was inspired. Some people find inspiration in dark places. I guess I’m one of them. What always made me different is that if I was doing drugs I was also making music. I wasn’t just doing drugs.”

The eccentric singer – real name Stefani Germanotta – also revealed her mother Cynthia didn’t understand why she felt she needed to take drugs and was confused by her early performances.

She told Q magazine: “At the beginning I was doing performance art in handmade leather and leopard bikinis talking about oral sex and Andy Warhol and heavy metal. My mom was like, ‘You’ve lost your mind.’ I was doing drugs, I was really out of control. But I never got so far into it that I overdosed or anything.”

However, Gaga is adamant she doesn’t need drugs anymore and has toned down her wild lifestyle.

She explained: “Once you open those doors they’re open for ever. People who say they need drugs to be creative are full of s**t. I’m not some chick on the road getting high and f***ed up every night. I wake up, drink coffee and get on the phone to talk about the creative direction of the next video.”

The singer caused a furor recently when she admitted in a magazine interview she occasionally took cocaine. She said: “I won’t lie; it’s occasional. And when I say occasional, I mean maybe a couple of times a year.”

From Contact Music

See? She does coke occasionally, and she’s able to keep it that way. Survey says: she never was an addict. She was just a chick who did coke because she was bored. And now she’s a chick who created this “Myth of Gaga” and can’t stop adding to it. I’m saying this as a fan too – Gaga has the potential to be a great interview. She’s thoughtful, she’s interesting, she has opinions and she’s well-informed (for a pop star). But she needs to stop talking about drugs.

Oh, Gaga did have stuff to say about Paris Hilton though. She was using Paris as a comparison to what Gaga was like growing up: “I don’t see Paris as an artist. People assume that all the girls who went to my school were like Paris and Nicky and the truth is that I went to a very, very religious school. Some girls were very artistic, some did drugs and didn’t give a f**k. It was like any other high school. Except we had nuns. I was the smart, studious theatre and music student. I didn’t hang out with all the popular blonde girls. I wasn’t blonde really until I was 20 years old.” Is this a burn? That Paris isn’t an artist? Eh.

LAS VEGAS - AUGUST 13: (NO ARCHIVES/EDITORIAL USE ONLY) Recording artist Lady Gaga performs during a stop of The Monster Ball Tour at the MGM Grand Garden Arena August 13, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The singer is touring in support of the album, 'The Fame Monster.' (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

LAS VEGAS - AUGUST 13: (NO ARCHIVES/EDITORIAL USE ONLY) Recording artist Lady Gaga performs during a stop of The Monster Ball Tour at the MGM Grand Garden Arena August 13, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The singer is touring in support of the album, 'The Fame Monster.' (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Lady Gaga: “People who say they need drugs to be creative are full of sh t”

Alternative Vanity Fair covers, courtesy of Amy Grindhouse.

Share/Bookmark

0 评论:

Related Posts with Thumbnails