Mark Hurd Resigns After Sexual Harrasment Allegations

Mark Hurd, CEO of Hewlett Packard has resigned from his positions after being involved in a sexual harassment investigation.



It all started a few weeks ago when a female HP contractor claims Hurd had sexual harassed her during work. Upon investigation, the board found out Hurd had an undisclosed relationship with the woman. It was also found that Hurd filed inaccurate expense reports to cover up this.

“As the investigation progressed, I realized there were instances in which I did not live up to the standards and principles of trust, respect and integrity that I have espoused at HP and which have guided me throughout my career,” Hurd said in a statement. “This is a painful decision for me to make after five years at HP, but I believe it would be difficult for me to continue as an effective leader at HP and I believe this is the only decision the board and I could make at this time.”

In the meantime Cathie Lesjak has been appointed as interim CEO.

Share/Bookmark

0 评论:

Related Posts with Thumbnails