Adventures in Babysitting

It is not easy when you have four children to find a babysitter. Especially if you're me. I am a little demanding and do not want someone in my house that will not actually pay attention to my children. But I also want to be able to drive, or live within walking distance (because then they have to pay a taxi to take home, as well as brought home to me because when I go out without the kids I enjoy cocktails:) ) Add in the fact that even I have to pay the babysitter (teen that will sit on my couch, eating my chips and text all night) $ 10 per hour which makes it a very expensive evening . Needless to say, our nights out are few and far between.

But - in deciding that for the good of my mental health and happiness of my children that my husband and I needed a night away from home. I had my friend give me the email of your child's ex-girlfriend and I had been emailing her around trying to find a day that fit into our schedule. I called yesterday and reserved for her the night - again reiterating how I got his name and lived near her ex-boyfriend. This is how our phone conversation was

Me - Hello, how are you e-mail addresses to my house. Do you know where the great French Catholic school is on the corner?

She - oh yeah, I know where he is.

Me - OK, so you live (say the name of the street) - I lived two doors down from you, we will send you directions home. In fact, I live near your ex boyfriend

She - ok, sounds good. me email addresses.

At 7:38 (was supposed to be here at 7:30) I get an email that says this;

Where are you located?
Like what state?

Are.You.Fucking.Kidding.Me?

So send it back - Where are you located?

And so she e-mails

I'm in Portland, Oregon, do not think we're in the same area?

Ya Think?

So, needless to say we did not get our night out ever needed, but the worst is that my children were so excited about a babysitter! Poor children were sad not to have a new friend to come.

So how does something like this? This girl had the exact same name as the one I thought I was in contact, around the same age - but obviously stupid ridiculous.

Now the good thing is that I get the names of two of the girls who are interested in child care for me in the future. And I'm pretty sure that we live in the same country!

A Woman on the Edge!

Share/Bookmark

0 评论:

Related Posts with Thumbnails